Friday, October 5, 2012

Cross Stitch - Birth Sampler


This is the BIG project I've been working on for a few months. It's a pattern I'd been desperately trying to track down from an out of print book and after finding and buying 2 copies (one had no blinking patterns included) I finally got my hands on it.

I absolutely loved every second of stitching this, even the single stitches of one colour, the numerous unpicked motifs, the countless times I realised I'd stitched a whole motif one square too low, it was totally worth it and I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

Definitely a labour of love. I can't wait to get this framed and hung up.



I changed up some of the colourings, turned the large house into a Castle, and popped a Canadian flag atop too just for fun. The details are what made this such a special project. The little pink house looks so much like our house in Portsmouth (UK), and whilst we don't live in a Castle now, it represents how far we've come since taking the big leap to Canada.

Quick aside about our little house in Portsmouth:

One DOWNSTAIRS bathroom, off the KITCHEN, onlooked by our neighbours as in a Glass sliding door and a waist height brick wall (top half glass) separates our kitchen from theirs. Cue streaking through the kitchen hilarity, I always forgot my towel, not so bad when living next door to an old lady (Brenda Wobblyhead) with poor eyesight, but when her Grandkids came to stay? crazy, hilarious times.

Anywho, struggled to get a good photo showing just how bright it really is but here we go, the finished article.






Fancy tackling this project? get hold of a copy currently available through Amazons Sellers, make certain that the loose patterns are included before you buy though.

The Make-It-Yourself Gift Book: Gifts to Make at Home for Your Family and Friends



2 comments :

LimeRiot said...

What a wonderful treasure you created!! I can't imagine the number of little x's you must have stitched!

spidermom said...

you definitely couldn't have possibly described how lovely this is! it came out great! twenty seven cheers for completing a HUGE piece! i can only imagine how many swears went into making this keepsake :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10